From the Publisher
Welcome to a new era of competitive golf coverage. Today, we launch New England Golf Journal, which will deliver premium, in-depth, analytical coverage about the best golfers in our region.
We intend for New England Golf Journal to become the go-to news source for serious golfers and their supporters.
We at Seamans Media have been producing best-in-class sports journalism since 1995, and now we’re bringing our unique brand of storytelling to the talented golfers of New England.
Whether it’s juniors, high schools, prep schools, colleges, amateurs or the golfers who enjoy the highly competitive recreational scene, there are a wealth of terrific stories around New England that we want to tell.
With a writing team that includes longtime golf reporter Jim McCabe, we want you to trust us as the preeminent source for golf news and analysis in our region.
So what can you expect from New England Golf Journal?
• Compelling stories: Our talented writers have an intense, disciplined focus on local amateur and professional golfers and we strive to tell their stories as they move through their careers.
• Analytical authority: We know readers crave details about the next big stars in the golf community, and — through the expertise of our writers — we intend to deliver that with rankings, watch lists of up-and-coming golfers and analysis of who’s performing best and where they’re headed in their golf career.
• Schools: At the prep school, public high school and college level, our writers are eager to cover local golfers. We’ll offer season previews, unrivaled in-season and postseason coverage and season-long awards like we do in our other brands. And we’ll cover the college recruiting and commitment process like no one else.
• Amateurs: New England has a vibrant scene of amateur golf competition in all six states. You can expect to find New England Golf Journal covering state opens, junior competitions, senior competitions and more — in addition to the compelling stories of the golfers who prepare long and hard for these events.
• State-of-the-art design: We hope you’ll enjoy our best-in-class website with its innovative user experience that’s powered by some of the best writing and photography in the business.
• Quarterly magazine: Seamans Media was built as a magazine company in 1995, and we haven’t forgotten our roots. As an all-access subscriber, you’ll receive four quarterly editions of our magazine — where some of our most ambitious journalism and photography is published. The first edition, available in print and digital format, will arrive in summer 2022.
• Weekly newsletter: The New England Golf Journal Insider newsletter will arrive in your inbox weekly with highlights from the latest news and analysis from the week in New England golf. Subscribe to the free weekly email newsletter here.
• Professional storytelling: Seamans Media has been in business for 27 years. What started in my parents’ garage with my father, Robert J. Seamans, Sr., (1929-2001), to create New England Hockey Journal has now morphed into seven brands. All of them are guided by our mission to be inspiring, informative and insightful. We intend to bring the high standards and journalistic integrity with which we produce New England Baseball Journal, New England Lacrosse Journal, New England Soccer Journal, New England Ski Journal and New York Hockey Journal to the golf world as we create the go-to source for unique golf news and analysis.
The talented Mike Zhe is going to be the editor of New England Golf Journal. He has many years of experience covering golf and the local sports scene in our region, and I am confident he will deliver the coverage you want.
And this is only the beginning. We intend for New England Golf Journal to grow bigger and better in the coming years, like our other brands have.
We welcome you to subscribe and join the club as we capture the best stories and insight about the New England golf community.
Our membership plans
Digital subscriptions provide full access to New England Golf Journal and its digital magazine.
• Monthly: A flat rate of $9.99 per month.
• Yearly: An annual fee of $99.99 for one year, a savings of almost 20% off the full price.
• All-access: OUR BEST DEAL! $139.99 for one year of digital access plus the New England Golf Journal print magazine mailed to you four times per year. Only all-access subscribers receive the print magazine.
Follow our social channels
We have a wealth of high-quality stories already waiting for you to read on our site. So we hope you’ll join us in this new era of golf journalism in New England.
Eric Seamans is the founder and president of Seamans Media and the publisher of New England Golf Journal